Saturday, May 5, 2012

Five Photos from the film Camille

These are five photos from the 1921 film, "Camille." This was the 4th of 5 movies Valentino would star in, in 1921. His next picture was The Sheik, which launched him into overnight stardom. Valentino actually did not receive top billing for this film, Alla Nazimova did. She was actually a bigger star at the time; furthermore, her production company produced the film. The sets for the film were designed by Natacha Rambova, hence their meeting, later marriage and divorce. I am not a huge fan of Natacha; however, I have to give her credit for her art deco designs on this film, they really are fantastic. Overall, in my opinion, where Valentino fans are concerned, not his best film; however, I still found it very entertaining. I enjoyed the flashback scene where they are dressed in period clothing. It is fantastic this film is still in existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment