Saturday, June 18, 2011

Movie Weekly Magazine featuring Valentino on the Cover

This is a Movie Weekly Magazine from 1924 featuring Valentino on the cover. The headline on the magazine reads: “Rudolph Valentino’s own story of his trip abroad.” Valentino was a common star of the cover of this magazine. This magazine was produced on a newspaper-style thin paper instead of a thicker stock magazine type paper. With this in mind, it is more difficult to find these in mint condition. These magazines overall are not highly valuable, but, still sought after by collectors, especially like me who have 2-3 and now are on the lookout for the rest of them.

6 comments:

  1. I think I'vee seen some of these on ebay, but the condition was not too good and the price was just unholy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have collected many vintage fan magazines in the last six months, including several "Movie Weekly", but in all the time, I've only seen one Valentino cover, the one in the matador costume from "Blood and Sand". Alas, I did not win that auction.
    I have enjoyed reading the wonderful articles and features on him very much indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say not highly valuable I mean not a few hundred dollars, these commonly sell in the $50 to $100 range, give or take a few dollars. The articles in these magazines are very interesting to read. You will be able to see more in future listings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see those postings. The nearest thing to Rudy on the cover I've acquired is the September 1923 issue of " Motion Picture" where he appears in profile with Natacha. I've seen your posting of that one. Mine is in poor condition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very difficult magazine to obtain, all of those Motion Pictures are very desirable. I think I only have one of those, The Son of the Sheik cover. Great find! I will post them soon along with some of the items you have sent me as well. I also have photos of rare posters I have never seen before now....coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are there pdfs of these old magazines with Valentino on them?

    ReplyDelete