Sunday, June 12, 2011

1923 Rudolph Valentino Picture Show

This is a Picture Show Magazine from 1923. This was a magazine / newspaper from the U.K. This particular issue features Valentino from three of his films: Blood and Sand, The Moran of the Lady Letty and The Young Rajah. The cover states the following: What is wrong with some pictures, a candid criticism by Rudolph Valentino. This was during the time Valentino walked out of his contract with Famous Players Lasky after The Young Rajah. He and Natacha talked a great deal about "artistic integrity" in his films. This would be a great issue to have to read Valentino's side of the story. There are many Picture Show's with Valentino featured on the cover; however, these tend to be difficult to find.

4 comments:

  1. I bid on a lot of these a couple of months ago, and there were 3 Valentino covers among them. I didn't win the auction but I am still looking out for them. How ya doin', Brad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do tend to go a bit higher than I expect on ebay. I am unsure how many covers he appeared on, I know it was quite a few.

    I am a bit under the weather lately, I am looking forward to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are all better for your Father's Day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be just fine for Sunday. Good luck on your weekend bidding. Most items on ebay during holiday weekends tend to sell a bit lower, which is great for all of us.

    ReplyDelete