Monday, May 3, 2010

Photos from The Son of the Sheik

These are five great photos from the film "The Son of the Sheik," which to my knowledge is the first movie sequel. Does anyone know of any sequel before this film? In this film, Valentino played two roles: The Sheik, and The Son of the Sheik. The third photo depicts Valentino as the older, Father of the Sheik. This is from the scene where the film uses a split screen to capture Valentino in both roles in the same frame. To my knowledge, this is the first use of this technique as well. These photos are more unique and not as common as most from the film.










1 comment:

  1. Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but Fairbanks did it first with the Zorro films. Don Q, Son of Zorro was 1925 I believe. Duh.

    ReplyDelete