Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rare Son of the Sheik Valentino Bookends

When I think of what I consider "rare" Valentino collectibles, besides personal items, autographs and original one sheets, there are only a few things that come to mind.  The elusive bookends, at least to me, are one of those items.  In my many years of collecting I had only seen one in person, up until now.  I just acquired one a few weeks back, yes only one.  I still need another to make a set.  I am happy to have at least one for now.  I checked and I posted a photo of a complete set a few years ago; however, this one is mine personally, so why not post it again?  Again, I do not have much information on these other than they are on the heavy side, they are made of some sort of metal and they depict Valentino from The Son of the Sheik along with his facsimile autograph.  I assume they were manufactured in the 20's after his death; however, I am not 100% certain.  If anyone has more specifics on the manufacture or when it was produced feel free to contact me.  In the meantime, I will enjoy my bookend as it is introduced to the many, many Valentino books it will be sitting next to!



No comments:

Post a Comment