Sunday, March 8, 2015

Photos of Valentino from The Eagle

These are five photos from the 1925 film, The Eagle.  Even though this was a period film, it had a very modern feel to it.  For me, it seemed to showcase what moviegoers had to look forward to with the upcoming talkies.  It seemed to be a film showcased on a grand scale, with Valentino carrying the film with a great cast including Vilma Banky, Louise Dresser, and Albert Conti.  This would have been the type of film I could have imagined Valentino starring in as a talkie.  One where he, as the lead, would have to pull off an accent.  This was released just 9 months before his death and 11 months before The Jazz Singer.  I still feel Valentino would have made it in the talkies.  I often think about a comparison from this to Elvis making it in the 80's.  Even though Elvis was older, I find it interesting to think about and compare the two.  The 80's, introduced MTV in the music world, imagine Elvis making videos for MTV.  Anyway, I digress, I am a big fan of both and think they would have made it in the next step of technology/advancements in their fields.






No comments:

Post a Comment